A Quilting Chick Home Page About Me  My Quilts  My Patterns  Follow Me Tutorials

February 9, 2015

All About the Scraps!

This weekend was all about the scraps, about the scraps, no stash....yeah, I may have heard that song a few times more than I should.  :)  But it was a great weekend for my scraps.  I finished up the "need to" finish projects on Friday night so I was able to spend Saturday playing.  I knew I wanted a couple of more projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge so I added in a few.  First up my scrappy Mama Elephants...

http://aquiltingchick.blogspot.com/2015/02/all-about-scraps.html 

Aren't they adorable!  (Wait until you see the babies!  They're all cut out and I've started sewing them too!)  

Next up, I wanted to work on a curved log cabin quilt too...

http://aquiltingchick.blogspot.com/2015/02/all-about-scraps.html 

I love the way it's looking already.  Can't wait for March just to add to it a bit.  

Then I needed to make a heart for Cassidy's wall at school  A tradition for the spirit groups:  the parents make a heart to decorate the walls the week of Valentine's, which also happens to lead right into the competition weekends.

http://aquiltingchick.blogspot.com/2015/02/all-about-scraps.html 

Yeah, she's my baby.  And also a Senior.  Just a few short month's and I'll be an empty nester!  :(  Not so sure how I feel about that.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell.  What did you work on?  Come see the linkups at Patchwork TimesMonday Makers, BOM's Away, Live a Colorful Life, and Scraps Monday.  And since I didn't finish up my babies last night, we're linking up with Mrs Sew and Sow for Scraptastic Tuesday, Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and I have to Say for Show and Tell Tuesday.

 Quilting is more fun than Housework

And don't forget to stop back by next Tuesday for our monthly linkup for sharing progress on your leaders/enders!!
A Quilting Chick





17 comments:

  1. So love your scrappy elephants....way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your elephants are sweet! And those log cabin blocks are looking good, too! Awww! Nice to see your love expressed in this cute heart tribute. My daughter is in her second year of high school. I don't blame you for not wanting to think of soon having your daughter leaving the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for elephants!! I have some fabric from Thailand that, one of these days, will be an elephant quilt. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy! Your scraps work is fantastic. :D So glad you linked up at BOMs Away, because I love your work. The elephants are going to be terrific in this mode. And now I'm having a super duper difficult time talking myself into sensibility once again about not starting yet another project. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your elephants are adorable! Looking forward to seeing the small ones that will join these two. Happy Scrappy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song!! :) Also your scrap work looks adorable! i like to see more of this.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the elephants. The only thing stopping me wanting to make some is the long list of projects I have on the go.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed at the first part of your post. That song DOES get in the brain - ear worm, my son calls it. LOL The elephants are cute, no saying otherwise. Is this for the BOM, or were you just having fun? LOVE your curved log cabins. I made hearts with them a couple of times, but I like this effect, too. Empty nest - might as well be happy about it, can't change it. They just keep growing and going! But that doesn't mean they don't return to the nest, just when you were getting used to having that space. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously love your thinking out of the box with your elephants!! THey look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those ellie are adorable as are the log cabins! I always think scrap quilting is the best - keep going! And Thanks for joining us at #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see all your Elephant Parade blocks sewn together - love what you've done thus far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your newest scrap elephants are seriously too, too cute!!!! And love the idea of the curved log cabin - looking good! Those kids grow up so darn fast ... it seems like just yesterday my son was heading off for his first day of college, and today he is a father of three!!! Enjoy her while you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those elephants are adorable! Thanks for sharing on Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your scrappy elephants are adorable.. they made me smile! Look forward to seeing more, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm enjoying seeing all of these elephants from Lorna's quilt along. And those pink/aqua log cabin blocks are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What charming elephants. Love the fabrics! Enjoy this last year with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love every one of your scrappy projects! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete